If you are looking to adopt or place your baby for adoption in San Diego, see the guide below for information about local agencies, hospitals, home study providers, and more.
Additional resources for expectant mothers and adoptive parents throughout the state can be found on our California Guide.
Completing the Home Study in San Francisco
A homestudy is required for parents who wish to adopt a baby. See below for legally qualified home study providers available in San Diego.
- AAC – Alpha Adoption Centers
- "The homestudy is the foundation of all child adoptions, and is required in every state and country. It is a written, comprehensive assessment of the adoptive family. Having your homestudy completed by a reputable, licensed agency with experienced professional staff is critical to your process going smoothly. Alpha has been performing various types of home studies for over 25 years. We know what documentation is expected and required. We get it right the 1st time!"
- Nightlight Christian Adoptions
- "Nightlight is committed to providing you with excellent educational programs and guidance to prepare you to be knowledgeable and loving parents. Our intent is to give you the tools to parent an adopted child who may have unique and special needs. The home study will be tailored for the type of adoption you are entering: embryo, infant or older child domestic, foster-to-adopt, and international."
- The Family Network, Inc.
- "The Family Network is currently licensed in the State of California for domestic, international and embryo adoption services. These services include: adoption homestudies, relinquishment of parental rights, interstate compact agreements and administration, post placement reports, agency court work, coordination with placing agencies, and coordination with immigration."
- Lilliput Children’s Services
- "Our programs and initiatives provide a strong foundation for children and their families, and ensure that children who enter the foster care system are placed with lifelong families as quickly as possible."
San Diego Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals
If you are looking to adopt a baby or place your baby for adoption in San Diego, visit local adoption professionals below for additional information and services.
Become a Foster Parent in San Diego
Visit the California Department of Social Services for information on foster care in San Diego and in California.
The local foster care agencies listed below provide additional information and services for foster parents in San Diego.
Hospitals in San Diego
Adoptive parents and expectant mothers might communicate with medical officials about hospital plans or have other inquiries. Contact information of hospitals in San Diego is listed below.
- Paradise Valley Hospital
- 2400 East Fourth Street
- National City, CA 91950
- Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas
- 354 Santa Fe Drive
- Encinitas, CA 92024
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
- 9888 Genesee Avenue
- La Jolla, CA 92037
- Scripps Memorial Hospital Chula Vista
- 435 H Street
- Chula Vista, CA 91910
- Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego
- San Diego, CA 92103
- Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns
- 3003 Health Center Drive
- San Diego, CA 92123
Throughout the adoption process, San Diego families must adhere to California laws regulating adoption expenses, adoption finalization, advertising and more. These laws are outlined Adoptive parents and expectant mothers in San Diego must adhere to laws outlined by the State of California. Find this information here.
Visit San Diego County Courthouse for legal information about adoption in San Diego.
Spending time in San Diego? Be sure to check out the fun spots!