If you are interested in adopting or placing your child for adoption in the Kansas City, Missouri area, please find information and resources below to assist you. Adoption is a special journey, and we want to ensure you have resources available to you throughout the process. Additional information and resources can be located on our State Page.
The Home Study Process
One of the first steps in the adoptive process is completing a home study to ensure all necessary safety requirements are met in the home. This is to ensure future child safety. Below, please find a list of home study providers in Kansas City or the surrounding areas.
- Kansas City Adoption Home Studies, LLC
- “Kansas City Adoption Home Studies, LLC., was founded by Sara Donnelly (LMSW/LCSW) and Brooke Nelson (LSCSW/LCSW.) We have over twenty-five years of combined social work experience and have completed numerous adoption home studies throughout our careers. We pride ourselves in providing quality, comprehensive home study services at reasonable prices. We also truly enjoy helping families achieve the life-changing goal of adopting a child. Whether you are just starting to consider adoption or have already begun the process, we would like to hear from you!”
- Missouri Adoption Services: All Blessings International
- “ABI [All Blessings International] will work around your schedule, as daytime, evening, or weekend appointments are available, and we will travel to you! We pride ourselves on our knowledge of adoption as well as our expedient service. Families consistently remark on our excellent home study services and the assistance they receive from our professional social workers. For families interested in our child placing services outside the state of Missouri, we can refer you to an approved home study provider.”
Kansas City Adoption Agencies
Missouri offers many local adoption services to help you begin the adoptive process, either of adopting a child or placing a child for adoption. Below are a few local agencies in Missouri that can help you get started.
- Downy Side Incorporated
- Adoption & Beyond, Inc.
- The Adoption Exchange
Kansas City Foster Care Resources
For information on the foster care process in Kansas City, please contact the following resources.
- Crittenton Children’s Center
- “Each year, Crittenton provides foster care case management and adoption services for more than 300 children in Jackson, Johnson and Cass counties in Missouri. We believe that every child has the right to grow up in a stable and loving home—one in which his or her physical, emotional and social needs are met. Our top priority is to identify and develop each family’s strengths and to create a plan for safely returning children back to their homes.”
- Cornerstones of Care
- Foster parenting is a unique and rewarding opportunity to make a lasting impression on a child’s life. In Northwest Missouri, nearly 3,000 children are in need of loving and supportive homes. Some states have started to see a decline in the number of children in care, however Missouri has been experiencing an upward trend for the past several years, and unfortunately the growth of foster homes has not kept pace with the number of children entering care.
Hospitals in the Kansas City Area
Adoptive parents and expecting mothers ready to welcome a new baby will need to create a hospital birth plan with both the adoption professional and hospital staff to ensure a smooth process. Below, please find a list of hospitals local to the Kansas City area.
- Kindred Hospital Northland
- 500 NW 68th St. Kansas City, MO. 64131
- St. Joseph Medical Center
- 2800 Clay Edwards Dr. Kansas City, MO. 64116
- Children’s Mercy Kansas City
- 2401 Gillham Rd. Kansas City, MO. 64108
To complete the adoption process, a finalization hearing is legally required. You can find out more using your local court system resources below.
- Kansas City Municipal Court
- 511 E. 11th St. Kansas City, MO. 64106
- Parkville Municipal Court
- 8880 Clark Ave. Kansas City, MO. 64152
- 16th Circuit Court of Jackson County, Missouri
- 415 E. 12th St. Kansas City, MO. 64106
Kansas City, Missouri offers a rich culture of tourist attractions mixed with local and world history. There’s no shortage of fun to be had - from museums & theatres, to beautiful plazas, you’ll be able to experience every aspect of this city.