Whether you’re facing an unplanned pregnancy, need information about how to adopt a baby, or are hoping to find the perfect family for your baby, the guide below can help you. Here you will find legal information, home study providers, foster care resources, and hospitals around Arlington, Texas.
Additional information can be found on our Texas State Page.
Completing the Home Study in Arlington
If you are looking to adopt, you have probably heard of the home study. This process is required to ensure that every baby placed for adoption finds the right home.
To get started, or just to learn more, visit our home study page or contact a home study provider in your area:
- CK Family Services
- (817) 516-9100
- 320 Westway Suite 530 Arlington, TX 76018
- Mission: People united through God to enhance the physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being of at-risk children and families.
- History: In the late 1990s and early 2000s, the Texas foster care system was in desperate need for adults and families to become licensed to care for children in foster care. At that time it was not uncommon for children who had been recently removed from the care of their biological parents and caregivers, for reasons of abuse or neglect, to spend nights sleeping in hotels or even the offices of CPS staff while they waited for a foster home to take them in. The idea of abused and neglected children coping with the experience of being removed from their homes while sleeping on cots in office buildings was unacceptable to the Lund Family. Out of their passion for serving their community and protecting children, Bill and Karen Lund founded Covenant Kids on the simple truths that every child deserved a nurturing home and that some promises should never be broken.
- Children’s Connections, Inc.
- “Children's Connections provides free adoption information, resources, and referrals including; providing information about the adoption process, referrals to adoption agencies, referrals to attorneys who handle adoption law, referrals to support groups, and financial resources for adoption. Children's Connections offers families an adoptive home study at a reasonable fee. We strive to make the home study process a comfortable experience for our families.”
- S.A.F.E. Project
- S.A.F.E. Project (Supportive Assistance for Family Enhancement Project, LLC) has offices in Houston and Austin with a network of more than 125 professionals providing home assessment services.
- Adoption Choices of Texas
- “Our adoption counselors are here to give you personal attention in resolving the questions and concerns you have about the adoption process. We are here to provide counseling on an unexpected or unwanted pregnancy, making an adoption plan for your unborn child, and placing a child for adoption. We work all across the state, so please contact us now and our staff in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, El Paso, and McAllen will come to you to make an adoption plan that meets your needs.”
- Texas Adoption Home Studies
- “At Texas Adoption Home Studies we have been providing adoption home studies for over 15 years. Our work has assisted hundreds of families in completing domestic, embryo, step parent, second parent, and relative adoptions throughout Texas. If you need an expedited study or fast turnaround we can help you. We are also available for selected appointments for studies needed for custody cases.”
Arlington Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals
The adoption professional you choose will be your partner in the process; adoption agencies work with you through every stage of your adoption. Adoption Network is here to help. In addition, we recommend contacting a local agency near you in Arlington Texas.
- Hughes Law Center
- 3615 W Pioneer Pkwy Arlington, TX 76013
- “We want to be your "safe haven" in what matters most to you as you approach adoption or defend yourselves from the overreach of Child Protective Services (CPS). The protection of your children's best interests is No. 1. We focus on adoption cases throughout the Arlington area and beyond.”
- A Baby to Love Adoption Agency
- 1315 Brookfield Lane Mansfield, TX 76063
- “A small agency with a heart the size of Texas, ‘Saving a life one baby at a time!’”
Become a Foster Parent in Arlington
If you are interested in becoming a foster parent in Arlington, contact any of the following regional agencies.
- Arrow Family and Child Ministries
- 524 E. Lamar Blvd., Ste.320 Arlington, TX 76011
- “Helping Kids & Strengthening Families; We Believe in providing services in a manner which gives glory and honor to Jesus Christ while also demonstrating respect for religious and cultural diversity. Human life is of inestimable worth and significance in all its dimensions including the unborn, the aged, the widowed, the mentally and/or physically challenged and every other condition in which humanness is expressed.”
- Therapeutic Family Life
- (817) 265-2328
- 1112 E. Copeland; Suite 420 Arlington, TX 76011
- “We work closely with all state and local agencies and individuals involved in the custody and care of our children. On-going communication is encouraged between our caregivers, staff, teachers, court-appointed special advocates, attorneys ad-litem, guardians, CPS, and JP officers and other interested parties for the betterment of the child. Above all, the child is included in all aspects of treatment planning and each phase of care and rehabilitation.”
Hospitals in Arlington
Adoptive parents and expectant mothers must create a hospital plan to ensure that the desires and rights of all parties are respected. You will work with your adoption professional and your delivery hospital to ensure that everything goes smoothly. Here are some hospitals near you to contact and get started with.
- USMD Hospital at Arlington
- 801 West Interstate 20
- Arlington, TX 76017
- (817) 472-3400
- Medical City Arlington
- 3301 Matlock Rd
- Arlington, TX 76015
- (682) 509-6200
- Kindred Hospital - Tarrant County Arlington
- 1000 N Cooper
- Arlington, TX 76011
- Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital
- 612 E. Lamar Boulevard
- Arlington, TX 76011
- Texas General Hospital
- 2709 Hospital Blvd
- Grand Prairie, TX 75051
Adoption is a legal process. Be sure to read up on adoption laws and regulations within both the United States and Texas. Visit the Adoption Network Resource Center to learn and connect. You may also visit Texas Child Adoption Laws for more information.
We also advise you review the contact information of your local court system below.
- Arlington Municipal Court
- 101 W. Abram Street Arlington, Texas 76010
- Subcourthouse in Arlington
- 700 E. Abram Street, Arlington, Texas 76101
Spending time in Arlington? Be sure to check out these fun spots!