Our names are John and Leigh from Florida. We are very excited to grow our family through the adoption process and want to thank you for giving us this opportunity to introduce ourselves. Adoption is such an amazing selfless gift and we admire the strength and love that goes into making this type of decision. This process is especially meaningful to us after years of trying to conceive through fertility treatments and then finally welcoming a baby girl by way of adoption. Ultimately, having a biological child is not what's important to us...what matters is having a child to love unconditionally and feeling fulfilled as a family. We want you to know that we are prepared to give your child a life filled with love and opportunity.
We met at work eleven years ago in Florida and realized right away that we both had the same energy and work ethic. John is an Engineering Manager and Leigh is a Regional Property Manager. We are both very fortunate to have great flexibility with our work hours that allow us plenty of time for our family. While we plan to teach your child the value of hard work, we also want to instill in them other core values including honesty, the importance of family and faith in Christ.
We live in a safe, gated community on a golf course about thirty minutes west of the beach. There are so many places for a child to play and ride his or her bike, not to mention the main clubhouse which offers swimming, tennis, and golf lessons. Our home is also part of an excellent school district. We value education and want to make sure that your child is brought up with the opportunity to explore their dreams.
If we had to use one word to describe our lifestyle and home, we would say ‘happy’. Here are a few fun facts to help you get to know us better:
- Our two-year-old daughter is very excited to be a big sister and has already told us which one of her stuffed animals she’s going to give to her new brother or sister.
- John has two grown children from a previous marriage that live in Minnesota and Arkansas. Both come to visit frequently and are excited to have a little brother or sister to spoil!
- We live on a golf course and enjoy golfing together. Being of Irish decent, we have a golf cart that has green fuzzy seats and a shamrock sticker.
- After church on Sundays, our home becomes the official “Football & BBQ” location for close friends and their families.
- Between the two of us, we have 16 brothers and sisters and more than 130 nieces/nephews/cousins, so our family is huge! Our home in sunny Florida is like a Bed & Breakfast throughout the year for vacationing family from Ohio, Colorado, and Minnesota.
- Leigh has lived in both Spain and Japan and still has friends in both countries. These are the types of amazing experiences that we want to make possible for your child.
- Christmas is a huge celebration in our family! We love the lights, the holiday music and all of the traditions including hot apple cider on Christmas Eve as well as Christmas Caroling.
- We have two golden retriever dogs and four fluffy cats, which are very playful, loving, cuddly, and most importantly… child friendly.
The most important thing to know about us is how much we would love, protect, and cherish a child if given the opportunity. Please know that we intend to be honest with him or her about how they came into our lives and the incredible sacrifice made by you. Thank you for getting to know us better.
Leigh & John