This is a story about three families. They don’t know each other, and they are all quite unique. In fact, until recently, they really didn’t have much in common at all. The only obvious similarity was their shared experiences of infertility and their heart-wrenching desire to hold their own child.
Now they have much in common and even more to celebrate. They all submitted the stories of their quest to have a child. They were all selected by ANLC to receive pro bono adoption services in honor of National Adoption Month
. They were all chosen by Birth Mothers. And today they are all at home with their beautiful babies.
Now we want to do it again…
For the 4th consecutive year, in honor of National Adoption Month
, Adoption Network Law Center is excited to offer pro bono services to one hopeful adopting family. We thought, what better way to recognize the life-changing role adoption plays than with a gift of free adoption services?
As mentioned, we’re excited that this is our 4th year offering pro bono services to one prospective adopting family knowing that the families from 2012, 2013 and 2014 are all currently home with their babies. We’ll be spotlighting these families in our blogs over the next few weeks and sharing more of their stories – stay tuned!
Kristin A.F. Yellin, Chief Counsel of ANLC says, “November 21 is National Adoption Day, so we felt it would be the perfect date to announce the recipient of pro bono services. As Adoption Network Law Center reviews
the submissions of compelling stories, we expect it will be difficult to choose only one! We are looking forward to helping one more family realize their dream of becoming Adoptive Parents."
Pro bono adoption services will be a need based reward. The winner will be announced National Adoption Day, 11/21/2015.
- All required information must be submitted no later than 11/10/15
- Submit your 250 word story (include why you are deserving of pro bono adoption services)
- Answer the question: “What makes a Birth Mother special to you?”
- Answer the question: “What would life be like for a child who joins your family?”
- Submit your photo (taken within 12 months)
- Submit your Adoption Questionnaire
- Must be a US citizen/Permanent Legal Resident
- Must pass a Home Study, FBI/Child Abuse Clearances
- Must be open to adopt a child of all races/ethnicities
- Must be willing to share photos/updates of your child with Birth Parents after placement
- Pro bono adoption services only include Adoption Network Law Center’s adoption services. 3rd party costs, Birth Mother support, travel expenses, etc. are not included.
How to participate:
- Email ALL requested information to: [email protected] or fax it to 1-888-263-1936.
- Please no phone calls regarding your entry