As a prospective adoptive or birth parent, you likely have many questions about how to adopt or place a baby for adoption in Phoenix. Below is a guide full of local adoption professionals and resources available to assist you through the adoption process and answer any questions you might have about adoption in Arizona.
Visit our Arizona Guide. for additional information.
Completing the Home Study in Phoenix
The home study is one of the most important parts of every adoption and foster care process. The Arizona home study includes an interview process that gathers information about your home, criminal record, background check, and references.
See legally qualified home study providers available in Phoenix below.
- Southwest Adoption Services
- Southwest Adoption Services is a licensed Arizona adoption agency that provides domestic and international adoption home studies for certification, post-placement/post-adoption reports to Arizona adoptive families.
- Adoption Choices of Arizona
- “Adoption Choices of Arizona is a LOCAL, private adoption agency licensed by the State of Arizona. We assist children, birth parents, and adoptive parents through the adoption journey. As such, we are leaders in the adoption community with a genuine commitment to a sensitive, comprehensive, and supportive experience for all involved in the adoption process.”
- Building Arizona Families
- “Building Arizona Families is a licensed private nonprofit adoption agency that provides home study services.”
- Agape Adoption Agency of Arizona
- “Agape provides the home study services necessary for foster care licensure and adoption certification in Arizona.”
Phoenix Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals
One of the first steps adoptive parents and birth mothers should take is to choose an adoption professional. This professional will work with you through every step of the adoption, and it is important to choose a professional that can meet all of your individual needs. Agencies local to Phoenix Arizona that may help you in addition to Adoption Network are listed below:
- Adoption Specialists of Arizona
- Creating Christian Families
- Building Arizona Families
- A Place to Call Home
Become a Foster Parent in Phoenix
To become a foster parent or to adopt from the foster care system in Arizona, you must meet similar requirements to that of the home study required by adoptive parents.
More information about foster care and foster-to-adopt placements in Arizona is available on our state adoption information page.
The local foster care agencies listed below provide additional information and services for foster parents in Phoenix.
- Arizona Friends of Foster Children Foundation
- Christian Family Care
- Arizona's Children Association
- Family Resource Center
Hospitals in Phoenix
Expectant mothers work with hospitals to create a hospital plan, which includes details about where they give birth and who will accompany them. To help ensure a positive delivery experience, we’ve provided the contact information of hospitals in Phoenix below.
- Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center
- 350 West Thomas Rd
- Phoenix AZ 85013
- Banner — University Medical Center Phoenix
- 1111 E. McDowell Road
- Phoenix, AZ 85006
- Abrazo Arrowhead Hospital
- 18701 N. 67th Avenue
- Glendale, AZ 85308
- Mountain Park Health Center
- 635 E. Baseline Road
- Phoenix, AZ 85042
How do I begin the adoption process in Phoenix? What are the rights and regulations regarding everyone involved in the adoption process? Answers to legal questions like this can be answered by our team here at AdoptionNetwork.com
You should also consider inquiring at your local courthouse.
Spending time in Phoenix? Be sure to check out these fun spots!