If you live in Jacksonville and are interested in adoption, either as a prospective adoptive parent or as a woman facing an unplanned pregnancy, view the guide below for information about adoption agencies, home study providers and other local adoption and foster care services available in your area.
Additional resources for expectant mothers and adoptive parents throughout the state can be found on our Florida Guide.
Completing the Home Study in Jacksonville
Whether you are interested in adopting an infant through a private domestic adoption agency or becoming a foster parent in Jacksonville, you will need to complete a home study that meets Florida state requirements.
The home study process in Florida includes personal interviews with the prospective parents, a home inspection, criminal history checks and more. Find legally qualified and trusted home study providers in your state below:
- Northeast Florida Adoption Support
- Northeast Florida Adoption Support will provide you with the resources and guidance you need for your home study.
- Jewish Family and Community Services
- JFCS has Florida-licensed workers to conduct home studies for hopeful families.
- Sunshine State Adoption and Florida Home Study Services
- This home study provider has information on its website for families adopting either domestically or internationally.
- Forever Families Adoption Services
- With over 25 years of experience, Forever Families promises to provide you with a quick, efficient home study in Florida.
- Adoption Home Study Services
- The professionals at Adoption Home Study Services are committed to providing you with not just a home study, but also support and education through your adoption.
Jacksonville Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals
The professional you choose to work with through your adoption journey will guide you through the process and provide the services and support you need to complete your adoption in Jacksonville.
If you are interested in working with a local or regional adoption agency in Jacksonville in addition to Adoption Network, the following adoption professionals can help you complete your adoption in accordance with all Florida adoption requirements.
Become a Foster Parent in Jacksonville
Foster care requirements and processes in Jacksonville are determined by the state of Florida and are similar to that of a home study. Foster parents in Jacksonville must meet the following Florida requirements:
- Complete a home study and/or licensing study
- Undergo a background check
- Complete the mandatory training process
Explore the links to find a local foster agency that can help you navigate this amazing journey.
Hospitals in Jacksonville
When it is finally time for the baby to arrive, it is up to the prospective birth mother to create a hospital plan for her stay. If you are making an adoption plan for your baby, you will have the opportunity to decide who will be in the delivery room with you, how much time you will spend with your baby and the adoptive family, and more.
When you are ready to begin planning your hospital stay, your adoption agency will work with the delivery hospital to make them aware of your wishes. Here are some hospitals near Jacksonville that you may be able to work with:
- Memorial Hospital Jacksonville
- 3625 University Blvd. S
- Jacksonville, FL 32216
- Vincent's Medical Center Riverside
- 1 Shircliff Way
- Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Vincent's Medical Center Southside
- 4201 Belfort Road
- Jacksonville, FL 32216
- UF Health Jacksonville
- 655 West 8th Street
- Jacksonville, FL 32209
- Mayo Clinic Campus in Florida
- 4500 San Pablo Road
- Jacksonville, FL 32224
Adoption is a legal process, and each state has its own legal requirements for adoptive and birth parents. Detailed information about adoption laws, qualifications and processes in Jacksonville and throughout the rest of the state is available on our Florida Guide.
You will finalize the adoption process in court 6 months after taking your child home. Contact Duval County Clerk of Courts for more information on this.
Spending time in Jacksonville? Be sure to check out the fun spots!