Welcome to Adoption Network’s Miami, Florida resources page. Here you will find information relevant to anyone facing an unplanned pregnancy, hoping to adopt a baby, or trying to find the perfect family for their baby around Miami. This guide provides home study resources, adoption agencies, foster care resources, legal information, and hospitals in Miami, Florida.
Additional information can be found on our Florida State page.
Completing the Home Study in Miami
For adoptive parents, a home study is required. This process helps ensure that every baby placed for adoption finds the right home.
To get started, or just to gather more information, visit our home study page or contact a home study provider in your area:
- Adoption Affiliates of South Florida
- Miami, FL 33143
- “Adoption Affiliates of South Florida is an association of Licensed Clinical Social workers who specialize in the field of adoption. We are dedicated to providing highly confidential and professional services to the members of the adoption triad: birth parents, adoptive parents and adoptees.”
- Pam Weyh – Sunshine State Adoption & Home Study Services
- 1344 Vassar St. Orlando, FL 32804
- “Sunshine State Adoption and Home Study Services is a Florida licensed, not for profit adoption agency, specializing in Florida home study and adoption services. We serve the entire state of Florida and never charge travel fees. We will hold your hand throughout the entire process from the initial consultation to the moment your child is placed in your arms and beyond.”
- Adoption STAR
- 1040 Bayview Dr #318, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306
- “Adoption STAR will conduct home studies for prospective clients throughout New York State, Florida, and Ohio. Adoption STAR has qualified staff throughout these states to assist families throughout the home study and adoption process. Adoption STAR is able to conduct home studies for those interested in pursuing a domestic agency adoption, private adoption, international adoption and kinship adoption.”
- Adoption Home Study Services
- 3818 Dogtrot Street Trinity, FL 34655
- “Our staff is committed to treating you with dignity and sensitivity as we walk beside you through each step of the adoption process. If you have already chosen an agency for your child placement, we will work with your agency to assure that your home study will meet all of their standards.”
Miami Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals
When you are ready to begin the adoption process, you will likely need to work with an adoption professional to receive the services and support you need to complete the adoption. Visit our website for guidance and professional aid. Some adoptive families and birth parents prefer to work with a local or regional adoption agency. The following adoption agencies have locations in Miami and can ensure that you meet all Florida requirements as you move through the adoption process:
- Adopt America
- (305) 358-2442
- 111 NE 1st St #902, Miami, FL 33132
- “Adopt America is a licensed adoption agency in the State of Florida since 2002. Adopt America serves waiting parents and birthmothers throughout the United States. We hope to succeed in conveying our sincere desire to bring knowledge, integrity and compassion to your adoption journey.”
- Alliance for Children
- (305) 569-0767
- 3191 Coral Way, Miami, FL 33145
- “We offer assistance in four primary ways: Providing a full range of adoption services to birth parents, children and adoptive parents in order to secure permanent, loving homes for the children; Offering financial assistance to childcare institutions to improve the living standards of children awaiting placement and of children for whom placement in an adoptive family is not a possibility; Educating client families and the public about all aspects of adoption through lifelong training, support, information, and referrals; and Advocating for older children and children with special needs who could benefit from placement in adoptive homes.”
Become a Foster Parent in Miami
If you are interested in becoming a foster parent in Miami, contact any of the following regional agencies.
- Our Kids of Miami-Dade/Monroe
- (305) 455-6000
- 401 NW 2nd Ave # S10, Miami, FL 33128
- “We create safe havens for children and families through adoption and foster care.”
- Miami Heart Gallery
- (305) 455-6000
- 401 NW 2nd Avenue 10th Floor, South Tower Miami, FL 33128-1740
- “The Miami Heart Gallery has featured more than 300 children; half have since found permanent homes, here and in other parts of the country.”
- Family Resource Center of South Florida
- (305) 374-6006
- 1393 SW 1st St, Miami, FL 33135
- “Since 1978, the Family Resource Center of South Florida has been championing the rights of children to grow up in a healthy and safe environment. We were founded by a group of concerned citizens, with the mission to help prevent and treat child abuse and neglect through the strengthening of families.”
Hospitals in Miami
Adoptive parents and expectant mothers must create a hospital plan to ensure that the desires and rights of all parties are respected. You will work with your adoption professional and your delivery hospital to ensure that everything goes smoothly. Here are some hospitals near you to contact and get started with.
- South Miami Hospital
- 6200 SW 73 Street South Miami, FL 33143
- Baptist Hospital
- 8900 North Kendall Drive Miami, FL 33176
- Mercy Hospital – Miami
- 3663 S Miami Ave Miami, FL 33133
- Jackson North Medical Center
- 160 N.W. 170th Street North Miami Beach, FL 33169
Read up on adoption laws and regulations within both the United States and Florida. Visit the Adoption Network Resource Center to learn more and connect with legal professionals. You may also visit Florida Adoption Laws for more information.
Contact your local courthouse below for additional help.
- Miami-Dade Clerk of Courts
- (305) 375-5126
- 111 NW 1st St, Miami, FL 33128
Spending time in Miami? Be sure to check out these fun spots!