This page provides adoption information to those who live in or near to St. Louis, Missouri, or in the surrounding St. Louis metro area. If you are considering adoption for your baby, we have gathered information about Pregnancy Resource Centers/Crisis Pregnancy Centers to assist you to confirm your pregnancy, clinics where you may get prenatal care, and a list of hospitals with birthing centers. For those in the St. Louis region of Missouri who wish to adopt a baby, below you will find home study agency resources and helpful information to assist you with the adoption process.
Additional resources for expectant mothers and prospective adoptive parents throughout the state of Missouri may be found on our Missouri Guide.
Completing the Home Study in Saint Louis
The home study is one of the most important parts of every adoption process. The purpose of a home study is to assess the suitability and capability of prospective Adoptive Parents to receive a child into their home. There are certain Adoption Home Study Requirements for each state. The process generally includes collection of information with questions about family history, health & financial information, and personal background. Check out List of Expected Adoption Home Study Questions on our page. Here are some legally qualified home study providers licensed to conduct home studies for those who live in the greater St. Louis region:
Bringing Families Together
(314) 731-3969"Having a place to go is a home. Having someone to love is a family. Having both is a blessing. Bringing Families Together offers adoption services to Missouri families seeking to adopt a child."
Christian Family Life Center
(314) 721-7128"Christian Family Life Center, Inc (CFLC) was co-founded in 1979 primarily as a counseling agency and has been blessed to have worked for hundreds of birth parent(s) and adoptive parent(s) over the years in the building of families through adoption."
Family Connections LLC
(314) 477-4253"Family Connections, LLC is a licensed child placing agency and helps St. Louis families, birth parents and children through the adoption process."
Good Shepherd Child and Family Services
(314) 854-5700"Committed to caring for all of God’s creation, we work always to appreciate and respect the beauty and uniqueness of the people and places around us. We care responsibly for our work environment and for the larger community in which we work."
Become a Foster Parent in St. Louis
Stable and nurturing homes for children who are dependents of the foster care system are always needed. If you are interested in becoming a resource family for a foster child in or near St. Louis, or the greater St. Louis area of Missouri you must meet similar requirements to that of the home study required by adoptive parents.
More information about foster care and foster-to-adopt placements in Missouri is available on our Missouri adoption information page as well as at the site for the Missouri Department of Social Services.
The local foster care agencies listed below provide additional information and services for foster parents in the greater St. Louis area:
- Angels’ Arms
- Family Forward (formerly Children’s Home Society)
- Foster & Adoptive Care Coalition
- Good Shepherd Child and Family Services
- Missouri Baptist Children’s Home
Pregnancy Resource Centers
Pregnancy Resource Centers, sometimes also called “Crisis Pregnancy Centers” are usually not-for-profit clinics where expectant parents may seek assistance to confirm a pregnancy and review and discuss available options. Most Pregnancy Resource Centers are not staffed by medical personnel, and do not distribute contraceptives. Many are affiliated with pro-life organizations, so encourage parenting or adoption, however not all have religious affiliation. There are several Pregnancy Resource Centers in St. Louis, Missouri, and throughout the metro St. Louis region:
- Alpha House Pregnancy Resource Center
- Lifeline Pregnancy Care Center
- Options Pregnancy Center of Ava
- Options Pregnancy Clinic
- Pregnancy Help Center Of Central Missouri
- Pregnancy Help Center South County
- Riverways Pregnancy Resource Center
- thriVe St. Louis
Pregnancy Clinics and Low Cost Clinics
Clinics are staffed by medical personnel and can address most aspects of prenatal care and family planning. They are able to perform STD and cancer screenings (pap smears, and sometimes mammograms), and can prescribe and distribute contraceptives. Clinics in the St. Louis area that provide prenatal care are:
- Affinia Healthcare
- Barnes Jewish Hospital Ob-Gyn Clinic
- Betty Jean Kerr People’s Health Centers
- Family Care Health Centers
In addition, information about prenatal care through Medicaid that is available in Missouri to women with limited financial resources may be found at Missouri HealthNet
Hospitals in St. Louis
Prospective adoptive parents and expectant mothers may wish to communicate with medical professionals about hospital plans during the time of baby’s birth, or have other inquiries. Hospitals serving the St. Louis region are listed below:
- Barnes Jewish Hospital
- DePaul Hospital – St. Louis
- Mercy Birthplace - South
- Mercy Birthplace – St. Louis
- St. Mary’s Hospital
To complete the adoption process through court action, once all legal requirements are satisfied, a finalization hearing may be scheduled. If you would like to learn about the adoption laws in Missouri, check out our Adoption Laws by State page. Contact the Circuit Court in the counties listed below for additional information regarding the finalization process in St. Louis, Missouri and the greater St. Louis region:
636-583-7378Franklin County Judicial Center20th Judicial Circuit401 East Main StreetUnion, MO 63084
636-797-5443Jefferson County Courthouse23rd Judicial Circuit300 Main StreetHillsboro, MO 63050
St. Charles County
636-949-3080St. Charles County Courthouse11th Judicial Circuit300 N. 2nd StreetSt. Charles, MO 63301
22nd Circuit Court
314-622-4500St. Louis Circuit Court22nd Judicial Circuit10 N. Tucker BoulevardSt. Louis, MO 63101
St. Louis County
314-615-8029St. Louis County Court Building21st Judicial Circuit105 South Central AvenueClayton, MO 63105
Spending time in St. Louis? Be sure to check out these fun spots!