Welcome to Adoption Network’s Toledo, Ohio resources page. Here you will find information relevant to anyone facing an unplanned pregnancy, hoping to adopt a baby, or trying to find the perfect family for their baby around Toledo. This guide provides home study resources, adoption agencies, foster care resources, legal information, and hospitals in Toledo, Ohio.
Additional information can be found on our Ohio State page.
Completing the Home Study in Toledo
For adoptive parents, a home study is required. This process helps ensure that every baby placed for adoption finds the right home.
To get started, or just to gather more information, visit our home study page or contact a home study provider in your area:
- Adoption by Gentle Care
- 370 S. 5th St. Suite #2 Columbus, OH 43215
- “Adoption by Gentle Care is headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. We have proudly served the entire Buckeye State in providing services to expectant parents considering adoption and adoptive parents since 1985. From the Cleveland and Akron area in northern Ohio to the Cincinnati and Dayton regions in the southern part of the state, our Adoption Assessors will travel to your Ohio location to provide you with information about adoption while introducing you to our Adoption by Gentle Care team and processes.”
- Building Blocks Adoption Service, Inc.
- 52 Public Square Medina, Ohio 44256
- “Whether you are a birth parent seeking to place your child for adoption or an adoptive families seeking adopt. We are here to guide you through every step of the adoption process. Our professional and caring private adoption agency feels that educating our clients is a crucial part of making the adoption process run smoothly for all involved.”
- Adoption Circle
- 400 S 5th St #304, Columbus, OH 43215
- “Adoption Circle’s adoptive placements include healthy and medical special needs children, African American, Caucasian, Bi or Multiracial children. We have nine state certified adoption assessors on staff to counsel parents and perform domestic and international home studies. Adoption Circle has been a leader in diligently working to preserve the rights of birth parents and children to ensure emotionally healthy and legally sound adoptions.”
Toledo Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals
When you are ready to begin the adoption process, you will likely need to work with an adoption professional to receive the services and support you need to complete the adoption. Visit our website for guidance and professional aid. Some adoptive families and birth parents prefer to work with a local or regional adoption agency. The following adoption agencies have locations in Plano and can ensure that you meet all Texas requirements as you move through the adoption process:
- Spirit of Faith Adoptions
(West) 3315 Centennial Rd. A-1, Sylvania, Ohio 43560
(East) 26032 Detroit Road, Suite 5 Westlake, Ohio 44145
- “We are a state licensed, non-profit Christian adoption agency in Ohio providing adoption services for those facing unplanned pregnancies and for families who are interested in adopting a child.”
- The Twelve, Inc.
- 619 Tremont Ave. SW Massillon, OH 44647
- “The Twelve, Inc is a not-for-profit (501)(c)(3) agency, headquartered in Massillon, Ohio. The Twelve, Inc. established The Twelve of Ohio, Inc and The Twelve for Children & Families of Florida, both providing services to youth and family in their respective state.”
- Catholic Charities
- (419) 244-6711
- 1933 Spielbusch Ave, Toledo, OH 43604
- “Catholic Charities makes real the love God has for each individual regardless of their faith or background by serving the poor, speaking for and assisting the neglected and forgotten, respecting and promoting life from beginning to end, and nurturing and supporting individuals and families.”
Become a Foster Parent in Toledo
If you are interested in becoming a foster parent in Toledo, contact any of the following regional agencies.
- Adopt America Network
- (419) 726-5100
- 3100 Central Ave Suite 225, Toledo, OH 43606
- “A nonprofit 501(c)(3) charity, Adopt America Network (AAN) is committed to improving the lives of adoptable children throughout the United States who are in the foster care system by placing them with permanent, loving families. AAN uses a national network of public agencies, private agencies and volunteer adoption specialists.”
- Lucas County Children Services
- (419) 213-3200
- 705 Adams St. Toledo, OH 43604
- “Lucas CCS provides information and services for foster parents and adoptive parents.”
- Kids Count Too
- Green Centre Plaza 1616 E. Wooster St. Unit #3 Bowling Green, Ohio 43402
- “At Kids Count Too, Inc., we are a private, non-profit foster care and adoption agency that is licensed by the state of Ohio. Established in 2002, we provide traditional and treatment foster care services as well as adoption services to the Northwest and South Central Ohio regions. Our staff are highly dedicated professionals who take pride in the services that we provide to both adoptive and foster parents as well as to the children in our care.”
Hospitals in Toledo
Adoptive parents and expectant mothers must create a hospital plan to ensure that the desires and rights of all parties are respected. You will work with your adoption professional and your delivery hospital to ensure that everything goes smoothly. Here are some hospitals near you to contact and get started with.
- ProMedica Toledo Hospital
- 2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo, OH 43606
- Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center
- 2213 Cherry Street Toledo, OH 43608
Read up on adoption laws and regulations within both the United States and Ohio. Visit the Adoption Network Resource Center to learn more and connect with legal professionals. You may also visit Ohio Adoption Laws for more information.
Contact your local courthouse below for additional help.
- Fulton County
- (404) 613-5313
- 136 Pryor St SW, Atlanta, GA 30303
- Lucas County
- (419) 213-6100
- 1100 Jefferson Ave, Toledo, OH 43604
- Ottawa County
- (419) 734-4143
- 1860 E Perry St, Port Clinton, OH 43452
- Wood County
- (419) 354-9280
- 1 Court House Square, Bowling Green, OH 43402
Spending time in Toledo? Be sure to check out these fun spots!