Do you wish to adopt a child in Oklahoma? Or are you thinking of placing your child for adoption? Below you'll find local organizations, along with other Oklahoma City adoption and foster care resources to help you get started with your search.
If you're looking for additional resources, also visit our Oklahoma Guide.
Completing the Home Study in Oklahoma City
Parents who wish to adopt a baby or child will first need to go through a home study. Keep in mind that the home study process is meant to make sure that a safe and stable home will be provided for the child/children. Below are a few home study providers in Oklahoma.
- Home Study Services
- "We are dedicated to producing an equal-opportunity, professional, and complete Home Study. Whether you are adopting a child or seeking child custody or guardianship, we can help you navigate this emotional time. We take care of the details so that you can focus on the important things: life, family, and celebration."
- The American World Adoption
- "America World Adoption prided itself for offering one of the best international and domestic homes studies. It also provides post-placement analysis for all the expectant parents in the city."
- Private Home Studies of Oklahoma, LLC
- "The organization is up-to-date on all Oklahoma City Adoption laws and ensures that you get a city-compliant home study."
- Dillon International
- "We are a licensed adoption resource agency that is qualified and dedicated to delivering complete international and domestic home studies."
Oklahoma City Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals
Whether you want to place your child for adoption or you are considering adopting a child, Oklahoma City provides several adoption and foster resources. For Adoptive Parents or Birth Mothers / Birth Parents(s) seeking local Oklahoma City organizations, please check out:
- Adoption Choices of Oklahoma
- Catholic Charities OKC
- Shannon D. Taylor, PLLC
- Denker and Buttler, PLLC
- Lilyfield Christian Adoption and Foster Care
- Boren Law Office
- Deaconess Pregnancy and Adoption Services
Become a Foster Parent in Oklahoma City
If you want to adopt a child in Oklahoma, it's essential that you take a look at the Department of Human Services in Oklahoma City for all the information concerning foster care. Also, it's recommendable to visit some of these local foster and adoption agencies and resources for more details.
- Oklahoma Baptist Homes for Children
- Angels Foster Family Network
- The Bair Foundation
- Heart Gallery of Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Department of Human Services
Hospitals in Oklahoma City
For Adoptive Parents and Birth Mothers, it's important to prepare a detailed hospital plan, with the help of your adoption agency or adoption professional. Below are local Oklahoma City hospitals:
- The Children's Hospital at OU Medical Center
- 1200 North Children's Avenue 73104, Oklahoma City
- Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City
- 4300 West Memorial Road 73120, Oklahoma City
- St. Anthony Hospital
- 1000 North Lee Avenue 731102, Oklahoma City
- Deaconess OKC
- 5501 North Portland Avenue 73112, Oklahoma City
- INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center
- 3300 NW Expressway 73112, Oklahoma City
An essential step in the Oklahoma City Adoption process is the finalization. It is officiated at a local court. For more information on the local judicial system, see these websites:
Oklahoma City also has many great sites to visit. If you are in the area during your adoption journey, be sure to check some of the local Oklahoma City attractions like the Oklahoma City Zoo or maybe the Myriad Botanical Gardens.