Whether you’re facing an unplanned pregnancy, need information about how to adopt a baby, or are hoping to find the perfect family for your baby, the information below can help you to research adoption in the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington region, including adoption and foster-care agencies, pregnancy resource centers, clinics and hospitals
Additional information can be found on our Texas State Page.
Completing the Home Study in Arlington
Every potential adoptive or foster parent must undergo a home study. The home study is an investigation of prospective parents to ensure that they are ready to adopt and that their home is suitable to receive a child. The home study process includes criminal records checks, financial and health statements, personal interviews, and more.
To get started, or just to learn more, visit our home study page or contact a legally qualified home study provider near Arlington, Texas and serving the Dallas-Ft. Worth-Arlington area:
Adoption Answers, Inc.
(817) 729-4378Adoption Answers, Inc. provides domestic and international home studies for adoptive parents in the state of Texas.
Children's Connections, Inc.
(806) 745-7995Children's Connections, Inc. is a nonprofit organization preparing qualified home studies and reports for all types of adoptions throughout Texas.
Little Flower Adoptions
(214) 363-5117Little Flower Adoptions has been a licensed adoption agency since 2001. We have assisted hundreds of birth mothers with making an adoption plan for their babies and hundreds of adoptive parents with building their families through adoption.
Texas Adoption Home Studies
(817) 924-7173Texas Adoption Home Studies has been providing adoption home studies for more than 15 years, assisting hundreds of families in completing domestic, embryo, step parent, second parent and relative adoptions throughout Texas.
Become a Foster Parent in Arlington
Stable and nurturing homes for children who are dependents of the foster care system are always needed. If you are interested in becoming a resource family for a foster child in or near Arlington, you may find information at the Texas Adoption Resource Exchange or by contacting one of these foster care professionals serving Arlington, Texas and the surrounding Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington area:
- Buckner Foster Care and Adoption
- CK Family Services
- Jonathan’s Place
- Passage of Youth Family Services, Inc.
- Pathways Youth and Family Services
Pregnancy Resource Centers
Pregnancy Resource Centers, sometimes also called “Crisis Pregnancy Centers” are usually not-for-profit clinics where expectant parents may seek assistance to confirm a pregnancy and review and discuss available options. Most Pregnancy Resource Centers are not staffed by medical personnel, and do not distribute contraceptives. Most are affiliated with pro-life organizations, so encourage parenting or adoption, however not all have religious affiliation. Pregnancy Resource Centers (or Crisis Pregnancy Centers) located in or near to Arlington, Texas, or in the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington area are:
- Metroplex Women’s Clinic (4 locations)
- Medical City Arlington
- Mid Cities Pregnancy Center
- Pregnancy Resource Center of Grand Prairie
- Women’s Choice Resource Center
Pregnancy Clinics and Low Cost Clinics
Pregnancy Clinics are staffed by medical personnel and can address most aspects of pre-natal care and family planning. They are able to perform STD and cancer screenings (pap smears, and sometimes mammograms), and can prescribe and distribute contraceptives. Pregnancy clinics in Arlington, Texas that serve the metropolitan Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington area are:
Hospitals in Arlington
Prospective adoptive parents and expectant mothers may wish to communicate with medical professionals about hospital plans during the time of baby’s birth, or have other inquiries. Hospitals in Arlington, Texas and the surrounding Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington region are listed below:
- USMD Hospital at Arlington
- Medical City Arlington
- Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital
- Texas General Hospital
Hopeful adoptive parents and pregnant women considering adoption in Dallas commonly have questions about local adoption laws, qualifications and processes. Adoption laws are determined by the state and can be found on our Texas Guide page. The final step in the legal adoption process is finalization through court action. If your adoption is to finalize in Texas, the courthouse in Tarrant County where the matter will be filed and heard is:
Spending time in Arlington? Be sure to check out these fun spots!