Welcome to Adoption Network’s Chula Vista, California resources page. Here you will find information relevant to anyone facing an unplanned pregnancy, hoping to adopt a baby, or trying to find the perfect family for their baby around Chula Vista. This guide provides home study resources, adoption agencies, foster care resources, legal information, and hospitals in Chula Vista, California.
Additional information can be found on our California State page.
Completing the Home Study in Chula Vista
For adoptive parents, a home study is required. This process helps ensure that every baby placed for adoption finds the right home.
To get started, or just to gather more information, visit our home study page or contact a home study provider in your area:
- AAC – Alpha Adoption Centers
- 5053 La Mart Drive, Suite 107 Riverside, CA 92507
“The homestudy is the foundation of all child adoptions, and is required in
every state and country. It is a written, comprehensive assessment of the
adoptive family. Having your homestudy completed by a reputable, licensed
agency with experienced professional staff is critical to your process going
Alpha has been performing various types of home studies for over 25 years. We know what documentation is expected and required. We get it right the 1st time!”
- Nightlight Christian Adoptions
- (714) 693-5437
- 1528 Brookhollow Dr. #100 Santa Ana, CA 92705
- “Nightlight is committed to providing you with excellent educational programs and guidance to prepare you to be knowledgeable and loving parents. Our intent is to give you the tools to parent an adopted child who may have unique and special needs. The home study will be tailored for the type of adoption you are entering: embryo, infant or older child domestic, foster-to-adopt, and international.”
Chula Vista Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals
When you are ready to begin the adoption process, you will likely need to work with an adoption professional to receive the services and support you need to complete the adoption. Visit our website for guidance and professional aid. Some adoptive families and birth parents prefer to work with a local or regional adoption agency. The following adoption agencies have locations in Chula Vista and can ensure that you meet all California requirements as you move through the adoption process:
- San Diego Adoptions Program
- (858) 694-3900
- 1600 Pacific Highway, Room 206 San Diego, CA 92101
- “Contact San Diego County HHSA Adoptions for information. Adoption orientation meetings are regularly held several times a month in a variety of locations. These are designed to explain the application process and help you learn more about children who need a family of their own.”
- Adoption Center of San Diego
- 858-535-3033 or 800-298-9111
- 3665 Ruffin Rd, San Diego, CA 92123
- “ACSD was established in 1987 as a non-profit center providing counseling, education, and complete adoption facilitation. Today many adoption programs are very large, web-based, with a nationwide focus. Our program is very different. Most adoption providers work with families and birth parents spread out across the country, making contact over the internet. We know that adoption is a very personal process so we work with families in San Diego or the southern California region. Most of the birth parents are also in San Diego. We believe we can best support you when we can meet face to face.”
- Catholic Charities of San Diego
- 619 231-2828
- 349 W Cedar St, San Diego, CA 92101
- “Catholic Charities Diocese of San Diego exists to exemplify the scriptural values of mercy and hospitality by Witnessing the gospel message contained in “Matthew 25:“; to advocate for a just society by Calling individuals and institutions to action on behalf of the poor, the vulnerable and the marginalized; and to acknowledge the sacredness of the human person by Accompanying those we serve on their journey toward achieving their full potential as persons created in the image and likeness of God.”
Become a Foster Parent in Chula Vista
If you are interested in becoming a foster parent in Chula Vista, contact any of the following regional agencies.
- South Bay Community Services
- (619) 420-3620
- 430 F St, Chula Vista, CA 91910
- “South Bay Community Services (SBCS) is a community based nonprofit that provides a comprehensive range of services and programs for children, youth, and families in San Diego County. Our programs are for everyone at anytime in their lives when they may need it the most. With our generous supporters, together, we are able to respond to the overwhelming needs of our community… touching the lives of more than 50,000 annually.”
- Koinonia Family Services
- (619) 326-4222
- 3914 Murphy Canyon Rd., Suite A224 San Diego, CA 92123
- “The agency works in cooperation with county social service agencies who remove children from their homes due to neglect, abandonment, abuse, delinquency, guardian absence or voluntary placement. The county refers children to private agencies like Koinonia for placement in a program that will best meet their needs.”
- Walden Family Services
- (619) 584-5777
- 8525 Gibbs Drive, Suite 100 San Diego, CA 92123
- “Our Vision: Every child has a loving family and the ability to realize their greatest potential toward becoming a self-sufficient and productive member of their community. Our Mission: Supporting the lives of children and families through lasting relationships.”
Hospitals in Chula Vista
Adoptive parents and expectant mothers must create a hospital plan to ensure that the desires and rights of all parties are respected. You will work with your adoption professional and your delivery hospital to ensure that everything goes smoothly. Here are some hospitals near you to contact and get started with.
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
- 751 Medical Center Ct, Chula Vista, CA 91911
- Scripps Mercy Hospital Chula Vista
- (619) 691-7000
- 435 H St, Chula Vista, CA 91910
- Otay Family Health Center
- (619) 205-1360
- 1637 Third Ave, Chula Vista, CA 91911
- Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns
- 3003 Health Center Drive San Diego, CA 92123
Read up on adoption laws and regulations within both the United States and California. Visit the Adoption Network Resource Center to learn more and connect with legal professionals. You may also visit California Adoption Laws for more information.
Contact your local courthouse below for additional help.
- Superior Court South County Division
- (619) 746-6200
- 500 3rd Ave, Chula Vista, CA 91910
Spending time in Chula Vista? Be sure to check out these fun spots!