Madison Adoption & Foster Care Resources
If you are pregnant and considering placing your baby for adoption, or interested in becoming a Foster/Adoptive Parent in the Madison, Wisconsin area, you will find information regarding home study providers, local agencies, foster care resources, hospitals, and county courts below. For additional resources, visit our Wisconsin Adoption page.
Completing the Home Study in Madison
One of the most important aspects of the adoption process is the home study; it is required for every adoption. The purpose of a home study is to assess the suitability and capability of prospective Adoptive Parents. It generally includes questions about family history, personal background, health & financial information. The following is a list of home study providers/adoption agencies in & near Madison:
- Adoption Choice, Inc.
- “Adoption Choice, Inc. is a non-profit agency serving all of Wisconsin. Our passion is creating families through adoption with an emphasis on the best possible outcome for the child. We strive for compassionate, loving support for birth parents and adoptive parents.”
- Adoptions of Wisconsin
- “Adoptions of Wisconsin, Inc., (AOW) was founded in 2001 by three experienced adoption attorneys who wanted to make sure adoptions were handled ethically and legally.”
Madison Adoption Agencies
Like the home study, there are several basic adoption requirements all Adoptive Parents will need to know. If you are interested in adopting a baby in the Madison area, contact these local adoption agencies below:
- Department of Children and Families
- Evangelical Child & Family Agency
- Lutheran Social Services Adoption & Foster Care
Is Foster Adoption right for you? Are you interested in adopting an infant from foster care? Contact these local foster care resources to see if the role of a Foster Parent is your best fit.
- Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin
“Purpose- We act in service of children and families.
Collaboration- We work together to care for children and families.
Integrity- We build confidence and trust in all interactions.
Health- We are at our best.
Innovation- We commit to breakthrough solutions with continuous learning.”
- Community Care Resources, Inc.
- “Community Care Resources has successfully served thousands of children and families for nearly 30 years. As a private, non-governmental foster care agency we license foster parents and accept placements from all Wisconsin counties. As a full-service foster care agency, CCR is able to stay on the cutting edge of new and innovative treatment approaches to meet the ever-changing mental health needs of our kids and their families.”
- Dane County Foster Care
- “Dane County foster parents care for children who cannot remain with birth families for a variety of reasons; including child maltreatment, medical issues, physical disabilities or the emotional or physical needs of their parents.”
- Family Works Programs, Inc.
- “At Family Works Programs we are committed to creating a healthy environment for all members of the Family Works Programs community, a community in which we identify and solve problems in a spirit of mutual respect and cooperation.”
Hospitals in Madison
Adoptive Parents and Birth Mothers will need to prepare a hospital plan that will meet all their hopes and needs. Finding the right hospital with the right staff will ensure a comfortable stay when welcoming a new baby. Below is a list of hospitals in Madison:
- SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital - Madison
- 700 S Park St, Madison, WI 53715
- UnityPoint Health – Meriter Hospital
- 202 S Park St, Madison, WI 53715
- UW Health at The American Center
- 4602 Eastpark Blvd, Madison, WI 53718
- University Hospital
- 600 Highland Ave, Madison, WI 53792
To complete the adoption process, a finalization hearing is required. If you would like to learn about the adoption laws in Wisconsin, check out our Adoption Laws by State page. Contact these county courts regarding the finalization hearing:
- Columbia County
- Columbia County Clerk of Circuit Court, 111 East Mullett Street, Portage, WI 53901
- Dane County
- Dane County Courthouse Room 2030, 215 S Hamilton St. Madison, WI 53703
- Green County
- Green County Justice Center 2841 6th Street, Monroe, Wisconsin 53566
- Iowa County
- 209 N. Iowa St. Dodgeville, WI 53533
Check out some of Madison’s local attractions. If you love being outdoors and want to explore various kinds of flora and fauna, this city offers beautiful botanical gardens and a zoo. You can also choose from a couple museums like the Chazen Museum of Art or the Wisconsin Veterans Museum. These sites will be sure to keep you amazed and entertained. See more local attractions below: