Considering adoption in Los Angeles? Below you will find local agency resources and information about qualifying and getting started.
Additional resources for expectant mothers and adoptive parents throughout the state can be found on our California State Page.
Completing the Home Study in L.A.
Parents who wish to adopt a baby must complete a homestudy. Here are some legally qualified home study providers available in Los Angeles.
- AAC – Alpha Adoption Centers
- "The homestudy is the foundation of all child adoptions, and is required in every state and country. It is a written, comprehensive assessment of the adoptive family. Having your homestudy completed by a reputable, licensed agency with experienced professional staff is critical to your process going smoothly. Alpha has been performing various types of home studies for over 25 years. We know what documentation is expected and required. We get it right the 1st time!"
- Los Angeles County DCFS
- "We are designated by the California Department of Social Services to help you through the adoption process. Our staff is comprised of adoption professionals who are experienced with independent adoptions, and will work with you in completing an adoption home study. This involves evaluating the suitability of the adopting parent(s), the adjustment of the child in your home and the circumstances of placement. We will provide information about each phase of the adoption in order to make this a positive experience."
- Nightlight Christian Adoptions
- "Nightlight is committed to providing you with excellent educational programs and guidance to prepare you to be knowledgeable and loving parents. Our intent is to give you the tools to parent an adopted child who may have unique and special needs. The home study will be tailored for the type of adoption you are entering: embryo, infant or older child domestic, foster-to-adopt, and international."
- The Family Network, Inc.
- "The Family Network is currently licensed in the State of California for domestic, international and embryo adoption services. These services include: adoption homestudies, relinquishment of parental rights, interstate compact agreements and administration, post placement reports, agency court work, coordination with placing agencies, and coordination with immigration."
- Lilliput Families
- "Our programs and initiatives provide a strong foundation for children and their families, and ensure that children who enter the foster care system are placed with lifelong families as quickly as possible."
Los Angeles Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals
If you are considering adopting a baby or placing your baby for adoption in Los Angeles, visit local adoption professionals Heartsent Adoptions and Nightlight Christian Adoptions for additional information and services.
Become a Foster Parent in Los Angeles
Visit the California Department of Social Services for information on foster care in Los Angeles and in California.
The local foster care agencies listed below provide additional information and services for foster parents in Los Angeles.
- Children's Bureau
- Extraordinary Families
- Guardians of Love
- Holy Family Services
- Inner Circle Foster Care
- Walden Family Services
Hospitals in Los Angeles
Adoptive parents and expectant mothers might communicate with medical officials about hospital plans or have other inquiries. Contact information of hospitals in Los Angeles is listed below.
- The BirthPlace Santa Monica
- 1250 16th Street
- Santa Monica, CA 90404
- The BirthPlace Westwood
- 757 Westwood Plaza
- Los Angeles, CA 90095
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- 8700 Beverly Blvd.
- Los Angeles, CA 90048
- 310-4-CEDARS (423-3277)
- Centinela Hospital Medical Center
- 555 E. Hardy St.
- Inglewood, CA 90301
- Dignity Health California Hospital Medical Center
- 1401 S. Grand Ave.
- Los Angeles, CA 90015
- East LA Doctors Hospital
- 4060 E. Whittier Blvd.
- Los Angeles, CA 90023
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital
- 1680 E. 120th Street
- Los Angeles, CA 90059
- Pacific Alliance Medical Center
- 531 West College St.
- Los Angeles, CA 90012
- West Hills Hospital and Medical Center
- 7300 Medical Center Dr.
- West Hills, CA 91307
- White Memorial Medical Center
- 1720 Cesar E. Chavez Ave.
- Los Angeles, CA 90033
The final step in the legal adoption process is finalization. If you are finalizing your adoption in Los Angeles, California, find your local courthouse and other information about finalizing your adoption in your county:
Spending time in Los Angeles? Be sure to check out the fun spots!