Welcome to Adoption Network’s Fort Wayne, Indiana resources page. Here you will find information relevant to anyone facing an unplanned pregnancy, hoping to adopt a baby, or trying to find the perfect family for their baby around Fort Wayne. This guide provides home study resources, adoption agencies, foster care resources, legal information, and hospitals in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Additional information can be found on our Indiana State page.
Completing the Home Study in Fort Wayne
For adoptive parents, a home study is required. This process helps ensure that every baby placed for adoption finds the right home.
To get started, or just to gather more information, visit our home study page or contact a home study provider in your area:
- Hand in Hand International Adoptions
- 210-A North Orange Street Albion, IN 46701
- “Hand In Hand can work directly with any family living in Indiana to adopt children from any of the countries with which we work. We can also assist Indiana families who are using an out-of-state agency for the placement of a child but need an Indiana agency to do their home study and post adoption work.”
- Whitington Homes & Services
- 2423 Fairfield Avenue, Fort Wayne, IN 46807
- “Whitington serves children and families in their homes that are at risk or in crisis through our Home Based Family Centered Casework and Therapy Services. Our Case Managers and Therapists go into the homes and support and stabilize the families through therapy, parenting education, abuse recovery, conflict resolution, and other therapeutic strategies.”
- Protect Our Children, Inc.
- “Protect Our Children, Inc ©, was originally formed for the purpose of providing affordable home studies for adoptions and custodies. Since that time the scope of our agency has expanded to include foster care, kinship care and special needs adoptions.”
- Adoptions and Family Support Network
- 2210 US 41, Schererville, IN 46375
- “Adoptions & Family Support Network, Inc. is a licensed Indiana adoption agency located in Northwest Indiana. We are committed to providing stable, safe, and loving homes for children.”
Fort Wayne Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals
When you are ready to begin the adoption process, you will likely need to work with an adoption professional to receive the services and support you need to complete the adoption. Visit our website for guidance and professional aid. Some adoptive families and birth parents prefer to work with a local or regional adoption agency. The following adoption agencies have locations in Fort Wayne and can ensure that you meet all Indiana requirements as you move through the adoption process:
- Gateway Woods Family Services
- 14505 Klopfenstein Road Leo, IN 46765
- “Gateway Woods offers Christ-centered social services in northeast Indiana, including Residential Childcare, On-Grounds Schooling, Foster Care, Adoption, Home Based Services and the LARC Program. Our mission is to honor and obey God by providing help and healing to troubled children and families who then may bless others.”
- Thomas C. Allen, Attorney at Law
- 202 W Berry St, Ste 500, Fort Wayne IN 46802
- “Thomas C. Allen provides clients with superior legal counseling in divorce, custody, juvenile delinquencies, CHINS, adoption, and criminal matters. He is a licensed attorney with more than 25 years of experience in Allen County. He is experienced with the ins and outs of the legal system and will work to see your case brought to a favorable solution. From straightforward issues to serious litigation, he can provide you with the experience and confidential advice you need to maneuver through the laws of Indiana.”
- Lutheran Social Services of Indiana
- (260) 426-3347
- 333 East Lewis Street Fort Wayne, Indiana 46802
- “To promote the overall health of our community, LSSI focuses on equipping willing families facing the most challenging obstacles with the skills necessary to make positive life choices as evidenced by advancement toward economic and family stability.”
Become a Foster Parent in Fort Wayne
If you are interested in becoming a foster parent in Fort Wayne, contact any of the following regional agencies.
- Phoenix Institute
- (260) 739-7904
- 2314 Lake Ave Suite D Fort Wayne, IN 46805
- “The Phoenix Institute was licensed by the State of Indiana as a child placing agency in 1997. We are a not-for-profit agency. The Phoenix Institute has provided therapeutic foster care to hundreds of special needs youth. We are served by professionals with over 85 years of collective experience working with special needs youth in a variety of settings.”
- SAFY of Fort Wayne
- 705 E State Blvd Suite 200 Fort Wayne, IN 46805
- “The SAFY Model of Care provides coordinated services that are community-based, accessible, culturally respectful and responsive to family needs.”
- Chidlren’s Sanctuary, Inc.
- 3711 Rupp Drive, Suite 105 Fort Wayne, Indiana 46815
- “Children's Sanctuary takes a positive outcomes oriented approach to the care and treatment of neglected, abused, troubled children, and their families. We believe that a safe, nurturing home environment, intensive case management, and therapeutic intervention from mental health professionals will enhance the growth of healthy families.”
Hospitals in Fort Wayne
Adoptive parents and expectant mothers must create a hospital plan to ensure that the desires and rights of all parties are respected. You will work with your adoption professional and your delivery hospital to ensure that everything goes smoothly. Here are some hospitals near you to contact and get started with.
- Dupont Hospital
- 2520 East Dupont Road Fort Wayne, IN 46825
- Parkview Women’s and Children’s Hospital
- 11115 Parkview Plaza Drive Fort Wayne, IN 46845
- Lutheran Hospital
- 7950 West Jefferson Boulevard Fort Wayne, IN 46804
- St. Joseph Hospital
- 700 Broadway Fort Wayne, IN 46802
Read up on adoption laws and regulations within both the United States and Indiana. Visit the Adoption Network Resource Center to learn more and connect with legal professionals. You may also visit Indiana Adoption Laws for more information.
Contact your local courthouse below for additional help.
- Allen County Clerk of the Courts
- (260) 449-7245
- 715 S Calhoun St # 201, Fort Wayne, IN 46802
Spending time in Fort Wayne? Be sure to check out these fun spots!