Welcome to Adoption Network’s Wichita, Kansas resources page. Here you will find information relevant to anyone facing an unplanned pregnancy, hoping to adopt a baby, or trying to find the perfect family for their baby around Wichita. This guide provides home study resources, adoption agencies, foster care resources, legal information, and hospitals in Wichita, Kansas.
Additional information can be found on our Kansas State Guide.
Completing the Home Study in Wichita
For adoptive parents, a home study is required. This process helps ensure that every baby placed for adoption finds the right home.
To get started, or just to gather more information, visit our home study page or contact a home study provider in your area:
- Adoption Social Work Service
- 560 N. Exposition Wichita, KS 67203
- “The goal of Adoption Social Work Service is to provide a resource for adoptive families who are seeking to complete an infant adoption, domestic adoption, or international adoption in and around Wichita, KS and require a home study as part of their adoption process. Post placement services are also offered per your agency’s requirements.”
- Adoption & Beyond
- 16236 Metcalf Avenue Overland Park, KS 66085
- “Adoption & Beyond is a not-for-profit child placing agency licensed by the states of Kansas and Missouri. Adoption & Beyond assists with domestic, embryo, international and private adoptive services. Adoption & Beyond strives to meet the needs of children, prospective birthparents and prospective adoptive parents by providing quality services for adoption in Kansas and Missouri.”
- Holt International
- 12100 W Center Road, Suite 523A Omaha, NE 68144
- “Holt International offers personable and caring support by providing experienced social workers to assist you with your adoption throughout the states of Arkansas, Kansas, and Missouri. Holt knows that throughout the adoption process, you will have questions and concerns, or may just need to talk to someone who understands. Holt staff will be there for you as you embark on the journey to bring your child home.”
Wichita Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals
When you are ready to begin the adoption process, you will likely need to work with an adoption professional to receive the services and support you need to complete the adoption. Visit our website for guidance and professional aid. Some adoptive families and birth parents prefer to work with a local or regional adoption agency. The following adoption agencies have locations in Wichita and can ensure that you meet all Kansas requirements as you move through the adoption process:
- A Better Choice
- (316) 685-5757
- 3007 E. Central, Wichita, KS 67214
- “Providing Christ like counseling in a dignified and respectful atmosphere concerning pregnancy issues, abortion alternatives and healthy lifestyle choices.”
- Adoption Centre of Kansas
- (316) 265-5289
- 1831 Woodrow Avenue, Wichita, Kansas 67203
- “Our mission is to decrease the necessity for abortion by promoting pregnancy prevention and offering a healthy, loving alternative for unplanned pregnancies. We encourage self-improvement and greater opportunity for success in life through providing emotional counseling, community assistance referrals and any other needed support to birth mothers. We are committed to finding loving families for all infants and children in need of permanent homes, including special needs children and children from minority backgrounds. At the same time, we provide parenting opportunities to couples wishing to form or build their families through adoption.”
- Adoption Choices of Kansas
- (877) 903-4488
- 100 N. Broadway Suite 500 Wichita, Kansas
- “Adoption Choices of Kansas is a licensed child placing agency that serves women facing an unplanned pregnancy. We have worked with women in need for many years throughout Kansas. On average, we minister to more than 100 women annually who have experienced an unplanned pregnancy.”
- McDowell Chartered
- (316) 633-4322
- 830 N. Main Street Wichita, KS 67203
- “No matter what your needs, if they involve children, young and old alike, we are here to serve you. From adoptions and guardianships to wills and estate planning, McDowell Chartered serves every aspect of law that involves children, whether your children are minors or adults.”
Become a Foster Parent in Wichita
If you are interested in becoming a foster parent in Wichita, contact any of the following regional agencies.
- Youthville - Ember Hope
- 4505 E. 47th St. South Wichita, Kansas 67210
- “There are hundreds of reasons to become a foster parent, each with their own challenges and rewards. EmberHope needs all types of foster parents from a variety of backgrounds to meet the needs of the children and youth in our communities. It is easier to become an adult if you’ve had a good childhood, and EmberHope foster parents truly make a difference in the lives of children. Consider becoming a foster parent, because together, we can foster a community of hope.”
- Rainbows United
- 316.260.HOPE (4673) or 316.267.KIDS (5437)
- 3223 North Oliver, Wichita, KS 67220
- “Rainbows United enhances the lives of children with special needs and their families by bringing together community resources and providing customized services.”
- KVC Kansas
- (913) 499-8100
- 21344 W. 153rd Street Olathe, Kansas 66061
- “You can change a child’s life by becoming a foster parent! Fostering provides a child who has experienced abuse or neglect with a safe, loving environment. On top of this, it gives you the opportunity to show a child the love and care they deserve while growing emotionally, mentally and spiritually as you teach life skills and give support. If you’re considering becoming a foster parent, KVC Kansas is here to guide you every step of the way.”
- The Salvation Army in Wichita
- 316-263-ARMY (2769)
- 350 North Market Wichita, Kansas 67202
- “Every child deserves a safe, loving, and caring home. At any time, there are 7,000 children in the State of Kansas in Out-of-Home placement. As a Child Placing Agency, The Salvation Army Wichita Foster Care program helps connect children with safe, loving, and caring licensed, sponsored families.”
Hospitals in Wichita
Adoptive parents and expectant mothers must create a hospital plan to ensure that the desires and rights of all parties are respected. You will work with your adoption professional and your delivery hospital to ensure that everything goes smoothly. Here are some hospitals near you to contact and get started with.
- Wesley Healthcare
- 550 N. Hillside Wichita, KS 67214
- Via Christa Hospital St. Joseph
- 3600 E. Harry Street Wichita, KS 67218
Read up on adoption laws and regulations within both the United States and Kansas. Visit the Adoption Network Resource Center to learn more and connect with legal professionals. You may also visit Kansas Adoption Laws for more information.
Contact your local courthouse below for additional help.
- Wichita Municipal Court Clerk
- (316) 268-4345
- 455 N Main St, Wichita, KS 67202
- 18th Judicial District Court
- (316) 660-5801
- 525 N Main St, Wichita, KS 67203
Spending time in Wichita? Be sure to check out these fun spots!