Welcome to Adoption Network’s Plano, Texas resources page. Here you will find information relevant to anyone facing an unplanned pregnancy, hoping to adopt a baby, or trying to find the perfect family for their baby around Plano. This guide provides home study resources, adoption agencies, foster care resources, legal information, and hospitals in Plano, Texas.
Additional information can be found on our Texas State page.
Completing the Home Study in Plano
For adoptive parents, a home study is required. This process helps ensure that every baby placed for adoption finds the right home.
To get started, or just to gather more information, visit our home study page or contact a home study provider in your area:
- Legacy Adoption Services
- 7952 Davis Blvd #101, North Richland Hills, TX 76182
- “Legacy Adoption Services is a full-service licensed child-placing agency that provides domestic home studies for adoptive parents in Texas.”
- Texas Adoption Resource Exchange
- (800) 233-3405
- 701 W. 51st Street Austin, Texas 78714-9030
- Adoption Answers, Inc.
- 9753 Forney Trail Fort Worth, Texas 76244
- “Adoption Answers, Inc. provides domestic and international home studies for adoptive parents in the state of Texas.”
- Children’s Connections, Inc.
- 2514 82nd St G, Lubbock, TX 79423
- “Children’s Connections, Inc. is a nonprofit organization preparing qualified home studies and reports for all types of adoptions throughout Texas.”
- Adoption Choices of Texas
- 1106 Clayton Ln.,Suite 519-W Austin, TX 78723
- “Adoption Choices of Texas is a full-service licensed Texas agency with expertise in domestic and international home studies.”
- Texas Adoption Home Studies
- 4101 Parkstone Heights Dr #260, Austin, TX 78746
- “Texas Adoption Home Studies has been providing adoption home studies for more than 15 years, assisting hundreds of families in completing domestic, embryo, step parent, second parent and relative adoptions throughout Texas.”
Plano Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals
When you are ready to begin the adoption process, you will likely need to work with an adoption professional to receive the services and support you need to complete the adoption. Visit our website for guidance and professional aid. Some adoptive families and birth parents prefer to work with a local or regional adoption agency. The following adoption agencies have locations in Plano and can ensure that you meet all Texas requirements as you move through the adoption process:
- CK Family Services
- (972) 424-9933
- 710 E Park Blvd #100, Plano, TX 75074
- “We are looking for families who are ready to make a real impact in the lives of children in North Texas. CK strives to provide you with programs and services to assist you with helping these children succeed. Are you ready to join the mission?”
- Lifetree Adoption Agency
- (972) 491-3333
- 5220 Spring Valley Rd # 550, Dallas, TX 75254
- “We know that the adoption journey can be a confusing one, but it can be a wonderful experience! Let us show you how wonderful it can be and hopefully less confusing.”
Become a Foster Parent in Plano
If you are interested in becoming a foster parent in Plano, contact any of the following regional agencies.
- Children's Health Center for Foster Care - Plano
- (469) 303-9000
- 7609 Preston Rd Suite P2600, Plano, TX 75024
- “Children’s Health℠ Specialty Center 1 Plano Campus provides outpatient care for children from birth to age 18. It is attached to the Children's Medical Center Plano, which extends the world-class service of our system to families moving to North Texas and beyond.”
- Lutheran Social Services
- (972) 620-0581
- 8390 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy #530, Dallas, TX 75243
- “When you foster through Upbring Foster In Texas (FIT), you are joining a team of people focused on helping children succeed. While the child you welcome into your home will be in your care, you will not be alone in raising that child. Upbring will be your community. Our highly regarded team of knowledgeable, effective caseworkers will help you every step of the way.”
- Pathways Youth & Family Services
- (972) 776-6684
- 888 S Greenville Ave #127, Richardson, TX 75081
- “Pathways Youth and Family Services Inc. is a non-profit social service organization providing a wide array of programs and services to communities across the state of Texas. (Our) Mission: To create environments where children and families thrive.”
Hospitals in Plano
Adoptive parents and expectant mothers must create a hospital plan to ensure that the desires and rights of all parties are respected. You will work with your adoption professional and your delivery hospital to ensure that everything goes smoothly. Here are some hospitals near you to contact and get started with.
- Medical City Plano
- (972) 596-6800
- 3901 W 15th St, Plano, TX 75075
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano
- (972) 981-8000
- 6200 W Parker Rd, Plano, TX 75093
- The Heart Hospital Baylor Plano
- (469) 814-3278
- 1100 Allied Dr, Plano, TX 75093
- Children's Medical Center Plano
- (469) 303-7000
- 7601 Preston Rd, Plano, TX 75024
Read up on adoption laws and regulations within both the United States and Texas. Visit the Adoption Network Resource Center to learn more and connect with legal professionals. You may also visit Texas Adoption Laws for more information.
Contact your local courthouse below for additional help.
- Plano Municipal Court
- (972) 941-2199
- 900 E 15th St, Plano, TX 75074
- Collin County Clerk's Office
- (972) 881-3025
- 900 E Park Blvd, Plano, TX 75074
Spending time in Plano? Be sure to check out these fun spots!