Whether you are interested in adoption as an expectant mother or a prospective adoptive parent in Dallas, there are many resources available to you in your area.
The following guide includes everything you need to know about local adoption and foster care agencies, home study providers and other adoption and foster care services. For more information about adoption throughout the state, visit our Texas Guide.
Completing the Home Study in Dallas
Every adoptive or foster parent in Dallas must complete a home study. The home study is an investigation of prospective parents that ensures they are ready to adopt and include criminal records checks, financial and health statements, personal interviews, and more.
To begin, visit a legally qualified home study provider below:
- Legacy Adoption Services
- Legacy Adoption Services is a full-service licensed child-placing agency that provides domestic home studies for adoptive parents in Texas.
- Adoption Answers, Inc.
- Adoption Answers, Inc. provides domestic and international home studies for adoptive parents in the state of Texas.
- Children's Connections, Inc.
- Children's Connections, Inc. is a nonprofit organization preparing qualified home studies and reports for all types of adoptions throughout Texas.
- Adoption Choices of Texas
- Adoption Choices of Texas is a full-service licensed Texas agency with expertise in domestic and international home studies.
- Texas Adoption Home Studies
- Texas Adoption Home Studies has been providing adoption home studies for more than 15 years, assisting hundreds of families in completing domestic, embryo, step parent, second parent and relative adoptions throughout Texas.
Dallas Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals
Whether you are ready to begin the adoption process or are simply looking for more adoption information, local adoption professionals can be great resources for the services and support you need. The following adoption agencies serve the Dallas area and are experienced in meeting the needs of adoptive and birth parents in Texas.
Become a Foster Parent in Dallas
If you are interested in fostering a child in or near Dallas, you will need to meet all Texas requirements for foster parents, which include:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Complete an application
- Attend training
- Complete the home study and background checks
- Provide references
To get started, contact one of these Dallas foster care professionals:
- Friends of Wednesday's Child
- Agape Manor Home
- Jonathan's Place
- Amazing Grace Child and Family Services
For more information about foster care throughout Texas, visit our Texas Guide or the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
Hospitals in Dallas
If you are an expectant mother making an adoption plan for your baby, you will have many choices throughout the adoption process, including complete control over your hospital stay. You will create a hospital plan, which includes your preferences for who is in the delivery room with you, how much you will interact with the adoptive family, and more.
The delivery hospital will be aware of your hospital plan ahead of time to ensure a smooth labor and delivery process. When you are ready to make your hospital plan, here are some local hospitals that you may be able to work with:
- Parkland Hospital
- 5200 Harry Hines Blvd.
- Dallas, TX 75235
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital
- 612 E. Lamar Boulevard
- Arlington, TX 76011
- Baylor Health
- 3500 Gaston Ave.
- Dallas, TX 75246
- Methodist Dallas Medical Center
- 1441 N. Beckley Avenue
- Dallas, TX 75203
- Dallas Medical Center
- Medical Parkway
- Dallas, TX 75234
Hopeful adoptive parents and pregnant women considering adoption in Dallas commonly have questions about local adoption laws, qualifications and processes. Adoption laws are determined by the state and can be found on our Texas Guide page.
Adoption is finalized in family court. Inquire at your local courthouse for more information. Links to those around Dallas are provided below.
- Collin County
- Dallas County
- Delta County
- Denton County
- Ellis County
- Hunt County
- Johnson County
- Kaufman County
- Parker County
- Rockwall County
- Tarrant County
- Wise County
Spending time in Dallas? Be sure to check out the fun spots!