Whether you are considering adoption for your baby or you are a hopeful adoptive parent, there are many resources available to you in El Paso, Texas. The following page provides useful information to research adoption in El Paso, Texas region, including adoption and foster-care agencies, pregnancy resource centers, clinics and hospitals.
For more information about adoption throughout the state, visit our Texas Guide
Completing the Home Study in El Paso
Every potential adoptive or foster parent must undergo a home study. The home study is an investigation of prospective parents to ensure that they are ready to adopt and that their home is suitable to receive a child. The home study process includes criminal records checks, financial and health statements, personal interviews, and more.
To get started, or just to learn more, visit our home study page or contact a legally qualified home study provider serving the El Paso, Texas region.
Adoption Answers, Inc.
(817) 729-4378Adoption Answers, Inc. provides domestic and international home studies for adoptive parents in the state of Texas.
Children's Connections, Inc.
(806) 745-7995Children's Connections, Inc. is a nonprofit organization preparing qualified home studies and reports for all types of adoptions throughout Texas.
Little Flower Adoptions
(214) 363-5117Little Flower Adoptions has been a licensed adoption agency since 2001. We have assisted hundreds of birth mothers with making an adoption plan for their babies and hundreds of adoptive parents with building their families through adoption.
Texas Adoption Home Studies
(817) 924-7173Texas Adoption Home Studies has been providing adoption home studies for more than 15 years, assisting hundreds of families in completing domestic, embryo, step parent, second parent and relative adoptions throughout Texas.
Become a Foster Parent in El Paso
Stable and nurturing homes for children who are dependents of the foster care system are always needed. If you are interested in becoming a resource family for a foster child in or near El Paso, you may find information at the Texas Adoption Resource Exchange or by contacting one of these foster care professionals serving the El Paso, Texas area:
For more information about foster care throughout Texas, visit our Texas Guide or the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
Pregnancy Resource Centers
Pregnancy Resource Centers, sometimes also called “Crisis Pregnancy Centers” are usually not-for-profit clinics where expectant parents may seek assistance to confirm a pregnancy and review and discuss available options. Most Pregnancy Resource Centers are not staffed by medical personnel, and do not distribute contraceptives. Most are affiliated with pro-life organizations, so encourage parenting or adoption, however not all have religious affiliation. Pregnancy Resource Centers (or Crisis Pregnancy Centers) located in or near to El Paso, Texas are:
- Guiding Star El Paso
- Teen Health Resource Centers (At The Hospitals of Providence)
- Pregnancy and Fatherhood Solutions
Pregnancy Clinics and Low Cost Clinics
Pregnancy Clinics and low cost clinics are staffed by medical personnel and can address most aspects of prenatal care and family planning. They are able to perform STD and cancer screenings (pap smears, and sometimes mammograms), and can prescribe and distribute contraceptives. Clinics in the El Paso, Texas area providing prenatal care are:
Hospitals in El Paso
Prospective adoptive parents and expectant mothers may wish to communicate with medical professionals about hospital plans during the time of baby’s birth, or have other inquiries. Hospitals in El Paso, Texas are listed below:
Hopeful adoptive parents and pregnant women considering adoption in El Paso commonly have questions about local adoption laws, qualifications and processes. Adoption laws are determined by the state and can be found on our Texas Guide page.
The final step in the legal adoption process is finalization through court action. If your adoption is to finalize in El Paso County, Texas, additional information may be obtained by contacting the El Paso County Court Clerk’s Office:
Spending time in El Paso? Be sure to check out these fun spots!