As a family hoping to grow through adoption or an expectant mother looking into adoption for your baby, you have access to a variety of services and support throughout the adoption process. Here, you will find information about local agencies, hospitals, home study providers, and more in El Paso, Texas.
Additional information can be found on our Texas State Page.
Completing the Home Study in El Paso
Adoptive parents must complete a homestudy. Contact a local professional to get started. They will ensure that all relevant laws and requirements are satisfied in the process of adopting a baby in El Paso, Texas.
Visit our home study page for more information and contact a local home study provider below.
Near El Paso:
- Adoption Choices of Texas
- Expectant Parent Hotline (24/7): 855-304-4673 (HOPE)
- El Paso (call or text): 469-209-8900
“We are licensed by the State of Texas to provide professional, full-service
adoption assistance statewide. We understand that everyone faces different
circumstance and has different needs.
Expectant Parents: We are here to help you make an adoption plan that meets your needs. Adoptive Parents: We are here to guide and support your adoption journey.”
- Lee & Beulah Moor Children’s Home
- “The Lee & Beulah Moor Children’s Home supports El Paso children and families who are experiencing difficulty in their lives—for whatever reason—by providing a nurturing, positive environment and teaching self-respect, respect for others, and the importance of taking responsibility for one’s own decisions and actions.”
- Children’s Connections, Inc.
- “Children's Connections provides free adoption information, resources, and referrals including; providing information about the adoption process, referrals to adoption agencies, referrals to attorneys who handle adoption law, referrals to support groups, and financial resources for adoption. Children's Connections offers families an adoptive home study at a reasonable fee. We strive to make the home study process a comfortable experience for our families.”
- S.A.F.E. Project
- S.A.F.E. Project (Supportive Assistance for Family Enhancement Project, LLC) has offices in Houston and Austin with a network of more than 125 professionals providing home assessment services.
- Adoption Choices of Texas
- “Our adoption counselors are here to give you personal attention in resolving the questions and concerns you have about the adoption process. We are here to provide counseling on an unexpected or unwanted pregnancy, making an adoption plan for your unborn child, and placing a child for adoption. We work all across the state, so please contact us now and our staff in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, El Paso, and McAllen will come to you to make an adoption plan that meets your needs.”
- Texas Adoption Home Studies
- “At Texas Adoption Home Studies we have been providing adoption home studies for over 15 years. Our work has assisted hundreds of families in completing domestic, embryo, step parent, second parent, and relative adoptions throughout Texas. If you need an expedited study or fast turnaround we can help you. We are also available for selected appointments for studies needed for custody cases.”
El Paso Adoption Agencies and Adoption Professionals
Prospective birthparents and adoptive families should consider professional support. In addition to services provided by Adoption Network, the local adoption professionals below are standing by to help.
- Texas Adoption Center
- 1760 Airway Blvd Ste. 102 El Paso, TX 79925
- Adoption and Foster Care Information Meetings
- Various locations around El Paso County, see the calendar on their website.
Become a Foster Parent in El Paso
If you are interested in becoming a foster parent in El Paso, contact any of the following regional agencies.
- El Paso Center for Children
- “The El Paso Center for Children has a rich history of caring for El Paso youth, having provided homes and specialized care for four generations of children and families in need. The Center’s resources include a seven acre campus in central El Paso, an experienced and highly qualified team of professional and paraprofessional staff, a network of community based foster families with specialized training to meet the needs of troubled youths and their families, and the broad-based governmental and charitable support needed to carry out its mission.”
- Adopt Us Kids
- “Our mission is to raise public awareness about the need for foster and adoptive families for children in the public child welfare system and assist US states, territories, and tribes to recruit, engage, develop and support foster and adoptive families. Online and over the phone, we provide information and resources to families exploring foster care and adoption.”
Hospitals in El Paso
Adoptive parents and expectant mothers must create a hospital plan to ensure that the desires and rights of all parties are respected. You will work with your adoption professional and your delivery hospital to ensure that everything goes smoothly. Here are some hospitals near you to contact and get started with.
If you choose adoption for your baby, you will likely be making a hospital plan. Your hospital plan includes details about your labor experience and hospital stay. If you have questions about the medical aspect of adoption, or if you are ready to make your hospital plan, contact a hospital near you.
- El Paso Children’s Hospital
- 4845 Alameda Ave.
- El Paso, TX 79905
- The Children’s Hospitals of Providence
- 2001 N. Oregon St.
- El Paso, TX 79902
- University Medical Center of El Paso
- 500 E San Antonio Ave
- El Paso, TX 79901
- Kindred Hospital
- 1740 Curie Drive
- El Paso, TX 79902
To complete the adoption process, a finalization hearing is required. Find out more by contacting your local court system below.
- El Paso County
- 500 E. San Antonio El Paso, Texas 79901
- Tarrant County
- 100 E. Weatherford, El Paso, Texas 76196
- Denton County
- 1450 East McKinney Street, 3rd Floor Denton, TX 76209-4524
- Parker County
- 1 Courthouse Square • Weatherford, TX 76086
Spending time in El Paso? Be sure to check out these fun spots!